Best Pre-Workout Smoothie for Endurance
Using a natural hand made pre-workout smoothie for endurance is one of the best ways to get to that next level when it comes to endurance sports or workouts. It increases your overall health and longevity while being easy to digest (unlike eating a meal) and accessible by your muscles, hormone receptors, heart, lungs and nervous system.
The goal is to work with your body’s natural cycles and give them what they need to exceed your cardio threshhold and muscular endurance goals that you need in your endurance sport or workout. These hand-crafted pre-workout smoothies will give you the advantage you’ve been looking for.
Endurance Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Cup Coconut Water (electrolytes and hydration much better than Gatorade)
- 1 Banana (quick release energy to get you started)
- 1 Handful of Mango, Papaya and Pineapple – Fresh or Frozen (sustained energy, enzymes and antioxidants)
- 2Tbsp. Almond Butter (sustained energy and cellular alkalizer)
- 1 Serving Organic Wheatgrass Powder (or shot)
- 1 Small handful of Spinach or Kale (greens)
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Kefir (natural probiotic and digestion enhancer, can use yogurt as substitute)
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Hemp Seeds (hulled, high nutrient fiber and protein source, helps sustained energy levels)
- 1 Cup Filtered Cool Water or Ice Cubes (Alkaline Ionized Water is best as it prevents lactic acid buildup that slows you down, adds electrical potential, has high antioxidant level too)
- Mix in a NutriBullet or Blender for 20-30 seconds. I recommend the NutriBullet 1700 as it will unlock the nutrients in the seeds, unlike slower blenders.
- Drink 30-45 minutes before your workout
Recommended Endurance Smoothie Boosters
Just add the following to your smoothie before you blend it for better and faster results:
- 1 Serving Orgain Protein or Hemp Protein Powder for Vegan Athletes *OR*
- 1 Serving Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein or Greens and Whey Protein
- * You can also combine 1/2 Serving of Vegan and Whey Proteins (muscle preservation and sustained workout energy)
- 1 Serving Rhodiola, Ashwagandha and Eleuthero Root (adaptogens, that increase your endurance and decrease fatigue levels)
- 1 Serving each Natural Endurance Enhancer: (D-Ribose, Organic Beetroot Powder, Pure Taurine Powder, Pine Bark Extract, Betaine Anhydrous Trimethylglycine or TMG)
Natural Endurance Enhancing Supplements
You can also use these natural supplements along with your pre-workout smoothie if you need that serious edge and want to improve by leaps and bounds. Use all the following natural supplements in combination as they work synergistically (more results than the sum of the parts or taking them separately):
- Optygen – Improves Oxygen usage and increases cardio threshhold. Increases muscular endurance and energy levels.
- Ubiquinol “active form of CoQ10, high level brain and nervous system enhancer, extended energy and heart muscle enhancer.
- NADH – Prevents early fatigue, extends energy levels and overall performance
For a complete before, during and after supplement guide (including dosages) visit our Natural Supplements Guide page.